Friday, March 6, 2009

Recipes from "Campbell's Everyday Easy Meals"







Ok, so I lost my camera cord, but hopefully I will get some pictures up sometime when I find it! So I have had this book since we got married, and I cook from it a lot, so I've picked a few of our favorites to add on here! I will put the recipes as written and then add my notes to them

Country Skillet Supper
1-pound ground beef
1-chopped onion
1/8-teaspoon garlic powder/1 clove garlic minced
1-can Campbell's Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
1-10oz can condensed beef broth
1-14oz can diced tomatoes
1-zucchini, sliced
1/2 teaspoon-dried thyme leaves, crushed
1 1/2 cups-uncooked pasta

1. In medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef, onion and garlic powder until beef is browed, drain off fat.
2.Add soup, broth, tomatoes, zucchini and thyme. Heat to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat to low. Cook 15 minutes or until pastt is done, stiring often.

My changes: I add some italian seasoning, red pepper flakes,and whatever else I can find that seems like it will go. I also use stewed tomatoes instead of the diced. I put 2 zucchinis because that is our favorite part!


Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Beef Bake
(really it is just a garlicy shepherd's pie)

1 pound ground beef
1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic
1 tbl Worcestershire sauce
1 (16lb) bag of frozen veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
3 cups hot mashed potatoes

1. In medium skillet over mediumhigh heat, brown beef, drain fat.
2. In 2 qt. shallow baking dish mix beef, 1/2 the can of soup, worcestershire and veggies.
3.Stir remaining soup in potatoes. Spoon potato mixture over beef mixture. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until hot.

I usually add some cheese as well to the beef mixture.

Cornbread Chicken Pot Pie

1 can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can drained whole kernel corn
2 cupscubed cooked chicken or turkey
1 package corn muffin mix
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 cup shredded chddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 400. In baking dish (8x8 or 9 inch pie pan) mix soup, corn and chicken.
2. Mix muffin mix, milk and egg. Pour over chicken mixture. Bake for 30 minute or until golden, sprinkle with cheese

I mix the cheese in with the chicken mixture. This is really good. You could probably add more to it, but I love the sweetness of it. They also have a chili version, where you add a 4 oz can of drained, chopped green chilis in with the chicken mixture.

No comments: